DMA West is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and DMA West staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, DMA West staff, volunteers, service providers, and others are expected to abide by this Meeting Safety & Responsibility Policy. This Policy applies to all DMA West meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than DMA West but held in conjunction with DMA West events, in public or private facilities.
At most DMA West networking events, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. DMA West expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. DMA West and Meeting/Conference host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
Personal Safety and Security
DMA West works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to DMA West staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/ venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any DMA West staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, exhibitor, DMA West staff member, volunteer, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, DMA West staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations at sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by DMA West at the meeting venue, hotels, or other DMA West-contracted facilities.
DMA West has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, DMA West asks that you inform Teresa Stephenson, Executive Director, DMA West – Office: (916) 443-9012, Mobile: (916) 919-5782, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org –
so that DMA West can take the appropriate action.
DMA West reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and DMA West reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.
[Policy adopted by the DMA West Board of Directors – July 29, 2019]